KDE developers have been wrapping up February with a number of new command line tools being worked on for applying various cosmetic changes to the desktop. There have also been many crash fixes addressed in recent days.
KDE developer Nate Graham is out with his weekly post summarizing all of the development happenings for the past week. Among the highlights for these open-source desktop environment changes over the past week include:
- New command-line tools to allow setting the global themes, color schemes, cursor themes, plasma themes, and wallpaper.KDE Frameworks 5.80 now supports the HEIF and HEIC image formats for KDE applications.K
- Win will avoid crashing in the Plasma Wayland session when copying from an XWayland app and immediately pasting it in a native Wayland app.
- Plasma meanwhile will no longer sometimes crash when closing the audio volume applet. There are also several crash fixes to other KDE components this week too, such as around the System Settings area.
- The network speed widget now works again, coming with Plasma 5.21.1.
- Key repeat is being re-enabled by default come KDE Plasma 5.21.2.
- NeoChat 1.1 was released with many improvements.
- The Dolphin file manager should be a bit faster at displaying thumbnails.
More details on this week’s excitements via Nate’s blog.
GParted Live 1.3.1-1 Released
The latest update to the project’s Debian-based live CD image containing a variety of specialist disk partitioning and data rescue utilities: GParted Live 1.3.1-1 stable release. The GParted team is pleased to announce a new stable release of GParted Live. This release includes GParted 1.3.1,…
Devuan 4.0 Alpha Builds Updated Released
Back in April Devuan 4.0 alpha builds began for this Debian fork/downstream that aims for init system freedom by allowing Debian GNU/Linux to work without a dependence on systemd. Devuan 4.0 is tracking upstream Debian 11 quite closely with its changes. Following this weekend’s full…
Linux 5.14-rc2 Released
Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.14-rc2 as the latest weekly test candidate of the maturing Linux 5.14 kernel. Given that it’s a week past the Linux 5.14 merge window, there isn’t any shiny new features to talk about but a lot of fixes. Some fixes/improvements…
WordPress 5.8 “Tatum” Released
Yesterday is an exciting day for the WordPress community because the release of WordPress 5.8 “Tatum”. So let’s see what’s new.
Sony Xperia 1 III Receive Android 12 update
Just the other day, we learned that Sony Xperia 1 III may only receive one major Android OS update. Sony has confirmed that it will not be the case. The phone won’t just receive Android 12, it may also get Android 13 although it wasn’t…
Best Linux Distro For Beginners and Experienced Users 2021
Each Linux distribution has its own uniqueness and features. It becomes best when it continuously improves in quality, features, user experience and security. The best Linux distribution – have to consider for beginners and experienced. Based on interest users can choose the their Linux Distributions….