JingOS is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution for tablet computers. It can run desktop Linux applications like VS Code and LibreOffice.
The project’s latest release is JingOS 0.9 which features a number of key interface changes:
- Adaptive layouts: JingOS can now run perfectly on different resolution devices with adaptive layouts. Users can adjust resolutions in the Settings app.
- Preview version of Sogou Input Method with virtual keyboard support.
- Wallpaper settings.
- Complex password settings: support character+number+symbol mixed password.
- Gaussian blur effect of Notification Center and Control Panel.
- The superposition and fusion mode of status bar and window, and solved the problem of status bar flashing when switching between apps.
- The Files app adds support for compression and decompression (support zip, tar, 7zip, AR), also support tag, collection, sorting, OTG, etc.
- Charging process will show on the lock screen.
- System pop-up frame for Volume and Brightness adjustment.
- Multi-languages support, including Chinese and English.
GParted Live 1.3.1-1 Released
The latest update to the project’s Debian-based live CD image containing a variety of specialist disk partitioning and data rescue utilities: GParted Live 1.3.1-1 stable release. The GParted team is pleased to announce a new stable release of GParted Live. This release includes GParted 1.3.1,…
Devuan 4.0 Alpha Builds Updated Released
Back in April Devuan 4.0 alpha builds began for this Debian fork/downstream that aims for init system freedom by allowing Debian GNU/Linux to work without a dependence on systemd. Devuan 4.0 is tracking upstream Debian 11 quite closely with its changes. Following this weekend’s full…
Linux 5.14-rc2 Released
Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.14-rc2 as the latest weekly test candidate of the maturing Linux 5.14 kernel. Given that it’s a week past the Linux 5.14 merge window, there isn’t any shiny new features to talk about but a lot of fixes. Some fixes/improvements…
WordPress 5.8 “Tatum” Released
Yesterday is an exciting day for the WordPress community because the release of WordPress 5.8 “Tatum”. So let’s see what’s new.
Sony Xperia 1 III Receive Android 12 update
Just the other day, we learned that Sony Xperia 1 III may only receive one major Android OS update. Sony has confirmed that it will not be the case. The phone won’t just receive Android 12, it may also get Android 13 although it wasn’t…
Best Linux Distro For Beginners and Experienced Users 2021
Each Linux distribution has its own uniqueness and features. It becomes best when it continuously improves in quality, features, user experience and security. The best Linux distribution – have to consider for beginners and experienced. Based on interest users can choose the their Linux Distributions….